The FAO International Symposium on Agricultural Innovation for Family Farmers: Unlocking the potential of agricultural innovation to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals FAO Headquarters, Rome, 21-23 November 2018
Objectives of the Symposium
1. Serve as a global knowledge and partnership platform to better understand the potential of innovation in agriculture to address the SDGs, with a special focus on supporting smallholder and family farmers;
2. Increase understanding of the drivers of innovation and the main constraints;
3. Propose processes, pathways and interventions needed to unlock the potential of innovation in agriculture and scaling up inclusive innovations;
4. Celebrate inspiring success stories of innovation and innovators in sustainable agriculture;
5. Act as a catalyst for boosting partnerships as well as public and private investments to foster and scale up agricultural innovation.